Today is the release date for the most disturbing movie I ever seen! this truly is a sick masterpiece . It took three showings before I can actually sit through the whole thing, and still it's unsettling and painful to watch. I been reading about this movie for a year now in my horror rags and finally got to see it a few weeks ago when my friend Lexx hooked it up with an online download (Thank's Lexx). Well Martyrs Most def lived up to every bit of it's hype and then some. I was completely blown away. This is seriously one of the most brutal and emotional movies I have ever witness, unlike anything I've ever seen. The story begins in 1970's. Lucie (Mylene Jampanoi) was abducted and held captive for a year in an abandoned slaughterhouse. The little girl escapes and is found bleeding, tortured and half naked. Fifteen years later, she seeks revenge on those who hurt her emotionally, physically, and mentally. Anna (Morjane Alaoul) who is her best friend and confident helps her but after some events unfold, she discovers an underground chamber and that's when all hell breaks loose. Apparently there's a secret society who's been abducting and torturing women for years, all for the sake of Martyrdom. The intent is to find out what happens beyond death. Now this is where the movie get's crazy, making the last 30 minutes unbearable to watch. The ending literally made my jaw dropped.
There's been a lot of controversy surrounding Martyrs. Rumors of people running out of screenings to be sick, to stories of people fainting in theaters is what got me all hyped to see this. The french right now seem to be dominating the horror genre and Hollywood with it's cheesy remakes can't compete ( a US remake is already in the works though lol). Those of you who seen last years french classic INSIDE (A favorite) might enjoy this one....Might. This movie is NOT for everyone, but it has done something for me that a film hasn't done before. It made me hide my face in the pillows, and made me feel uncomfortable. It reminded me of watching Irreversible (Another favorite) for the first time. But These are the type of things I look for in these Movies. Love it or hate it, it will leave a mark that will last for days. You been warned.
No comments:
Post a Comment